I got up around 6.30 A.M, had a bath got dressed up and by 7.30 A.M my father's friend came and we both took an auto to AVM Medicals in Mylapore, where my tests were going to be conducted. I reached there by 8.00 A.M, the ride cost me Rs 50, auto travel is very costly here. On entering the place a receptionist at the desk took my Medical Check Up Request Form pinned it up with another form, gave it back to me and directed me to go to the Doctor's Room which was Room 106 down the hall. On reaching there I saw no one outside the room and sat in a chair.
I was thinking that the small cold I had would be an issue when he checked me, then a girl inside the room came out and told me to go inside. I sat down in front of the Doctor and the check up was very quick. Checked my pulse and put his Stethoscope on my chest and asked me to go down in the basement. Hmm...Over so quickly I thought, and then I went down, then came the surprise, I saw a long queue of people there waiting for the lab tests to be done & It was a real long list of things when I checked the paper the nurse pinned to the request form. They were
1) Height, Weight, Pressure and Pulse
2) E.C.G
3) Blood & Urine Test
4) X-Ray
The place was flooded with people not from CTS but TCS, obviously they were also given the same time as us. X-Ray was the easy one just removed my shirt and stood in front of a board and it was done in a jiffy. The next came the queue for the E.C.G when I got in the room I had slippers and the nurse there started roaring and the bitch wanted me to put my slippers upstairs. But no slippers was not indicated any where on the hospital walls. So I camly went outside and removed my slippers and went back in. The asked me to remove my shirt and baniyan and asked me to lay down and put some conductivity electrolyte solution on my body and placed electrodes on my chest arm and foot and I had to lay there for about 3 to 4 minutes. In the mean while the technician was talking to the nurse in Tamil. I thing it was about doing her job properly and to stop shouting at patients like a bitch. Anyway after that I was standing in a queue where I had to go for blood test. The person here was gentle and she took my blood after which she handed me over a small container to collect my urine.
Now this was the hard part I dint have any sentation of passing urine. I was thinking of "how to" as I was walking upstairs to and going to the toilet, suddenly a cleaner called and said to me that I have to keep my slipers outside and pointed me to an area, I said O.K and proceded to the toilet entered and closed the door. The waiting starts :-D after about 2 minutes of thinking it happened. Woo Hoo!!! and I filled the container to the brim and closed it. I put my slippers in the designated area and went downstairs and gave the container.
After this it was Height, Weight, Vision, Pressure and Pulse all that finished within about 10 minutes and they said I was free to go. The TCS guys even had to do a Scan but I was lucky not to have that and by about 9.45 A.M all my procedures were done and I was on my way to meet Stryker.
I called Stryker on phone and he was living near by the hospital, I met him and it was a joy to see him after a long time, he was also accompanied by P.J.M. We went to a Hotel and had our breakfast. Then we went to the Reliance Web World near Stryker's House and I was pretty surprised to find it empty. He told me that all gamers usually tend to gather at a place called "Zap". We decided to take a break at Stryker's House, there, I met his roommates and about half hour of resting. We headed to "Sytam" Theater to see if any tickets were available for the movie "Cars" and after a long walk and about half an hour in the queue, they dint get any. Then we headed for "Zap". After another half hour walk we reached "Zap" we climbed up the stairs. The first thought that came to mind was "MeTech" it was almost similar. The Setting of the Systems except that the room was more spacious and there were a lot more systems. P.J.M left soon and Stryker kept telling me that he is an Anti-Gamer :-D.
Anyway after about 20 minutes of waiting we got two systems and we fragged in Q3A. He beat me in all the games but it was enjoyable. After this we browsed through the systems and Stryker showed me the movie list etc in Zap. After that I taught him the basics of DotA and then we exit zap. After a bit more of chit chat, I left in 45A bus back to my residence.
The rest of the day went very uneventful as was the next day. On Sunday my father's friend Babu came and visit me on that day and told me the details of how to get to Tidel park after his visit I decided to take a stoll along the neighbourhood. I was pretty desperate to find a cyber cafe near my house and I was walking all over my neighbourhood to find one. Finally I found one that was small and was about 10 minutes walk away from my house. I sat down and installed Firefox etc and browsed for about an hour. The rates werent bad only 20 per hour. After which I returned home, washed my soaked clothes, had my dinner and went to bed early, since I had to get up and go to Tidel Park for the Induction Course of CTS.
To Be Continued...
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Chennai Blues - Episode 2
Sneaked In By
Grey Fox
Around
6:04 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
....lone strider..may be njoying the new
life...best luck for induction..to the zero learning curve
Post a Comment