I play computer games in between my exams its something that I have been doing for quite sometime now, unlike my other friends who uninstall games on the sound of approaching exams :)). Anyway I usually don’t review games not because I don’t like doing it but not enough time to do so. Anyway since I liked the previous Serious Sam Games I thought why not write a concise review on Serious Sam 2.
I was planning to download Serious Sam 2, but then a friend of mine got me a working copy. Previous working versions I got was ripped and I hate ripped games it kinda takes out the fun factor in the games. From an Indian point of view it’s like taking all the spices from the curry ;).
I installed the game; it takes around 2 GB of disk space. I started off the game, initially it was interesting 1st thing I noted was lots of movies. Previous versions of Serious Sam installment lacked the movies factor, but then Serious Sam isn’t about movies it’s all about the gameplay. The game’s main story as usual is the quest of Sam in trying to stop Mental and his evil forces. This time Sam has to collect 6 pieces of a medallion that is scattered through 6 planets in the universe and use it to destroy Mental.
Game's Humor Dint Impress Me Much
This is an Exception Though (Load Screen)
Lets starts off the review. Initially the game felt good with Nectrissa having a voice to go with. Most of the time I felt the game levels weren’t as wide open as the previous installments. A little more cramped at times. Enemies did have a lot of new models but many of the enemies were upgrades from the previous. One thing that I did miss though is the explanation that Nectrissa used to give on each of the enemies; it was concise and interesting with respect to the game. Another thing is they tried to incorporate a story into the game, unlike the predecessors which didn’t have a strong story and contained just enough to relate the levels. I personally didn’t like the idea very much.
The introduction of Vehices in Serious Sam 2
Arachnophobic ?
Speaking of the gameplay the game didn’t have much of a change compared to the previous installments. Same thing of shooting and destroying enemies and that too destroying hundreds of them in one go. One thing that was new was the introduction of vehicles that could be used in the game play. Vehicles vary from rolling spiked balls to the flying and shooting equipments. Another addition was the introduction of NPCs into the game but I personally felt it wasn’t that very good as they didn’t have much of a significant role in the game. Another factor was the boss fights, it wasn’t as challenging compared to the previous versions even though there are many bosses this time around about 8 boss battles to go.
Overall the game was fun to play but not as fun as the previous installments. The levels were not as huge as the previous installments either for “Serious Sam”, I felt the levels were a bit too cramped. Except for the introduction of vehicles there wasn’t much improvement in the gameplay department.
I did give this game an average rating of 6.5 / 10.
(Images Courtesy of Gamespot)
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Exams + Serious Sam + Me
Sneaked In By
Grey Fox
Around
12:21 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment